Friday, June 08, 2007

Some changes

My mother fell last Sat and now has a hairline fracture in her pelvis. Now, there is not surgery for this, just taking it easy and recovering slowly. She spent Sunday in the ER, and Monday and part of Tuesday in Evanston Hospital. She is now in rehab at the Mather Pavilion. She is not very happy there and can't wait to get back to her apt. This event is taking a toll on her and on me. I don't know why, but I not as patient as I was recently. Oh well.
Tomorrow is Erin's wedding. This has been almost a year in the planning, and the weather promises to be wonderful. We are all going, but my mother won't be making an appearance, and is disappointed. Both the bride and groom are deaf. This is interesting to me, as I realized that deaf people understand hearing people much better than hearing folks understand them. They also seem to get a lot more enjoyment from communication than hearing people do. More animation, more facial expression and more body language than people who hear.
On the weight loss front, I switched to the core plan. This isn't a big change for me, as I was making a point to eat core foods for the past few weeks. When my group leader suggested mixing things up, I really didn't take her advice. Now I have. I have also been to the gym 3 times this week. Being somewhat flakey this week, I also realized that my personal training was an hour earlier than I thought it was. So I flew out of here, missed all the green lights, but still fit in about 30 minutes of my hour. I still got in 45 minutes on the elliptical.
Starting Sunday, I have no long term plans for the rest of the summer. No class to teach, no teachers to coach. No camp or botanic garden activities either. I just have a few weeks to do what ever I want to do. I do have some ideas--mainly in the gardening area. I can vegetate, I can read, I can go to the gym, I can do whatever I want to do in this house. Sounds good, doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home