Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Happy Spring!

My son has reminded me that I haven't blogged for a while. So, I will let you know what has been going on recently.
I've been very busy with work, my class is in its last week, and I've been volunteering at the Chicago Botanic Garden and I've been working on my other job too.
I finished up my school visits on Thursday, and we had our year end celebration for the Mentor Program yesterday. It was very nice, with plenty of food and a good turnout. Now I have to follow up on people who haven't turned in their surveys. We are starting to plan for next year, but no one knows what the program will be like then, and even if we will have jobs.
The Botanic Garden is just great. I've been volunteering in the CTL, which provides educational programs and field trips for kids. I'm also working at the Plant Sale, on Friday, May 18. If you are in the area and need some plants, stop by.
Tonight is the next to last class at Oakton. I have assigned homework, but Thursday, I will just wind things up and go over the recommendations for the next level. This was a much better group than last semester.
I lost the few ounces that I gained last week. Now that I am a little less busy, I have managed to get to the gym twice this week and used the air dyne bike at home yesterday. I am eager to lose the last 4 pounds so I can reach goal soon. I need to drink more water, more milk and move more. I've been getting a little lazy and complacent about following the program lately. I just read a good article on the WW site, which made a lot of sense to me. So, I know the goal will be reached, the only question is when.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home