Saturday, October 13, 2007

two days to go

The opera was just wonderful. It's been a few years since I saw La Traviata, so seeing it last night was like seeing it for the first time. The music is really great, and all of it is so familiar. I really do miss going to the opera on a regular basis. Actually, the Lyric has a new production of Traviata--new to me, anyway. Also, the script was projected in English over the stage. The singing was very good, especially the tenor. The acting was good for all the major roles. A few observations--I never realized how difficult this opera was for the soprano--she had two huge arias in the first act, one quickly following the other, then a reprise of the 2nd one to end the act. She had to sing leaning on a fainting couch and lying in a bed. This looked difficult to me.
We took the train down to the opera house, and had a small dinner at McDonald's. Since there wasn't much time, I decided to have one of my all time favorites, the double cheeseburger--weighing in at 12 points! It was delicious--and I eat only 2 of these a year. Today showed a little bit of the old me--I ate some chips and a few nuts. I took my mother for her hair appt, and she isn't doing so well. This makes me feel like someone is stepping on my chest. Then I feel like eating. Tomorow is the last day this week before my meeting and weigh in--in other words, one day to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home