Wednesday, February 06, 2008

And yet another snowstorm

Yes, another snowstorm, one that was predicted for days in advance, and then didn't live up to the hype. It was predicted to start at 6pm yesterday, snow all night and continue today, with an accumulation of 12 inches. So, when I checked this morning, there wasn't much more that what there was last night when I got home from Oakton. So, I thought, a reprieve.
No, not really. In a few minutes, the snow started up and has continued all day. It is fine, but it just keeps coming. It is landing on several inches of slush, so when it freezes, there will be a layer of invisible ice.
With that in mind, I decided to go to the gym. Last week I cancelled my personal training because of the snow storm. I wasn't excited about driving, since it took me an hour to get to Oakton the night before. This week, I thought I should get to the gym before the snow got bad. I was lucky because my trainer had a cancellation, and I got an hour of her time. I am not going to the gym enough, and and making choices like shoveling snow or the gym may not be serving me well.
I am happy, yesterday, both my classes went well. Everybody showed up to 092, and my plans for classes both worked. I hope that I have resolved my computer issues for tomorrow's lab. If the snow is under control, hopefully everybody will come to class.
Tonight is Project Runway. I'm enjoying it more and more. It's so much more interesting that American Idol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home