Friday, March 24, 2006

Hall of Fame

This is a very weird post. My brother, Pete, was inducted into the Evanston Township High School Athletic Hall of Fame last night.
I am so proud of him. His track team won the state title twice, and was undefeated for two years. He said that 8 of the members and the coach came to the festivities. Evanston High was such an athletic power in the 1960's, it was sort of like the NY Yankees of high school sports. They started the Hall of Fame about 5 years ago. There have been many athletes who were very sucessful in college sports, and some even make the pros--like Emery Moorhead of the Bears.
Our old nieghbor, Charlie came up from Springfield to be inducted. He was on the track team with Pete. Another kid from the old neighborhood, Fred S. was inducted for swimming. He was a champion in high school and continued at Indiania.
Pete really enjoyed the whole thing.
I just finished spending a lot of money. I booked a Mediterannean cruise. We will be cruising at the end of May. I have been to most of the places on the cruise, but the dates worked the best for everybody. My son and husband haven't been to any of the stops. We are going out of Venice and ending in Monaco.
I will finally get a chance to put a coin into the Trevi Fountain in Rome. I did that on my first trip to Rome, and forgot to do it on my second. I am so glad to be able to go back to Rome, and insure another trip by doing the fountain thing. I loved Dubrovnik when I was there in 1976. I am glad to be able to see it again. Then it was Yugoslavia, today is is in Croatia.
In Rome, we have only one day. Should we go the the Vatican, and see all the art and the restored Sistine Chapel, or see the antiquities, the forum and the coliseum? I have seen both, and sort of favor the Vatican, but I will do what the guys want.
I also want to see the Blue Grotto in Capri. There is a small picture of the Blue Grotto at Glessner House that interested me when I used to be a docent there. This is why I want to go there. I know that it is a big tourist trap, but it sounds so cool. We have two days in Sorrento, I haven't been there. We can see the antiquities in Pompei. I did see that. We are also stopping in Sicily. This whole thing is very exciting!

1 Comments:

Blogger OhMyTrill said...

Right now I am leaning towards the Vatican...but can't we find time for that and the other things you mentioned? Too much to see...

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home