Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Trip Mania

I am driving myself crazy planning for this trip. I went to the library and checked out 6 more guide books. I decided to buy two general guides on Amazon. Now I am trying to plan what to do in Rome and Florence, since we have only part of one day to look around. I have a plan for Sorrento, one day to Pompei and one day on the
Amalfi drive. I want to see Ravello--lots of artists, writers and musicians hung out there. Wagner used a garden there as a scene in Parsifal. Venice and Dubrovnik are small and walking around is the best way to go there. I read in one guide that much of Dubrovnik was destroyed in the wars in the 1990's. I remember seeing that on TV. I also remember how nice it was in 1976.
From what I have read, these Italian cities are much more popular with tourists than in the 1970's. When I finish this post, I am back on the web looking for more information. Now I am also worried about the cost of the day trips. Planning is more of a pain than a pleasure. I hope that my attitude improves soon, because I am reluctant to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home