Monday, May 01, 2006

Back to subbing

I subbed at New Trier today for the first time this year. Teaching at this school is the equivilant to teaching in heaven. I had 4 science classes and one social studies class. The social studies class was interesting since I had to show a video of Shall we Dance--the Japanese version with Engligh subtitles. The actors were all Japanese. The class had just finished a unit on Japan.
The science classes were enviornmental science. I thought the lesson was interesting--it was on theories of why heat happens. I don't know if the kids agreed with me about the interest, but I enjoyed teaching it. I just can't resist adding something to the plans, so I did a short introduction and had a little discussion with the class. I still am not done with teaching even if I am retired.
On Thursday, I am going to the Botanic garden for science sleuths training. This is a fun program that the Garden runs in May. Kids rotate to several stations, so more groups can be accomodated. We see each group for about 20-30 minutes, then they move on. Nice program,nice spring weather,nice kids. A real win-win situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home