Friday, May 12, 2006

No MoreRochester

Well, I found out today that our trip to Rochester next week will be our last. David has decided to not to attend Eastman for grad school--instead, he will go to Rice University in Texas. This has been a difficult decision for him, but I am glad he has made up his mind. I have never been to Houston, and from what I have heard, it is not a nice city, has a horrible climate, but the area around Rice is nice. I think that David has decided to go there for several reasons--one of the most important is money. Rice came up with more than Eastman. In many ways, Eastman has a lot to offer for David--but in may ways, it is more of the same. Rice is a new scene, a new teacher and different opportunities.
I really enjoyed our trips to Rochester--after the shock of the first trip wore off. The Midtown Mall really depressed me, as did the downtown. It is a nice city, it hasn't been too badly remuddled--except for sections of the downtown. It has a good arts community, it is a liveable size and it has the best grocery store in the USA--Wegmans. The best restaurant we have been to in Rochester is in Wegmans too! I'm glad we made our little wine tour in March-- because it was our last chance. We have to go to the Bug Jar this time. My husband has been talking about this place for 4 years--and even though we have driven past it several times, we never went there. Well, Bug Jar, we will visit you this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home