Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Panic sets in

I am getting very nervous.
I signed up for a lot of days at the Botanic Garden. I went there yesterday and it was just beautiful. I can't say that about the kids that comae through--they seemed jaded--and not very interested in what I had to say. The other docent said the same about her groups. I hope that the kids enjoyed the beautiful surroundings and the great day.
I am getting nervous about this trip and getting organized for it. I booked a tour of Florence, since we have only one day. After checking the prices of private guides on line, the ship's tour didn't seem so bad. It gets us into the Uffizi, which is what I wanted to see, and I don't have to gamble about the time for reservations. They have a 10 minute window, so if something happens, we miss out.
I am thinking about booking a guide in Rome. It is expensive, but it goes to everything--the Vatican and the ruins. The guide people suggested taking the train to Rome--I think that we will do that.
I am totally sick of shopping. I can't believe that I could get shopped out, but it happened. I don't want to have to look for any more clothes or shoes for a long time. What I have now is it.
I am abandoning my garden until we get back from Europe. I don't want to plant anything and then not be able to water it. There will be plenty of plants to buy in June. Anyway, I want to see what comes up, so I won't be overloaded with plants. Stuff is still coming up now. Last year, I got too excited and bought too much too soon. These warm days in May fool us gardners. I just have to remind myself, the average last day of frost is still May 15--and it can get cold until the end of May. That happened--and I lost a few things.
Well, I am still paniced. I quit New Trier last week. I just don't have any time with the Botanic and PT and getting ready for this trip.
Maybe my nervous stomach will help me stop eating so much--that might result in a tiny bit on wieght loss. I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home