Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Idol Again

I watched American Idol yesterday because my tutoring student is out of town. I don't usually get a chance to see it on Tuesday, and I have to rely on my husband's comments. Well, for the most part it was mediocre. I can see that Paris Bennet may have a chance of some kind of career, but the current favorite, Chris just stands there are sings into the mike. Very boring. I think that Elliott Yamim is going home tonight. I tried to vote for Taylor Hicks--the recommendation of Vote for the Worst.com, but I called and called for two hours and got busy signals. I really do think that Taylor is a very hard worker, but he's not the worst of the lot. I really don't think that any of the five finalists are really good singers, especially when you see them next to Andrea Bocelli, who isn't that great. He can sing rings around all of them.
I was entertained by the master class format that they used on Idol--a well known singer comes to coach the Idol finalists. The last was Bocelli, actually it was his manager--backer. Bocelli didn't have that much to say. He told the group that he usually vocalizes before his sings, and them demonstrated what he does. None of them could do it at all, and they call themselves singers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home