Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Candy again

So, candy has made another appearance in my weight loss drama. Yesterday, in the grocery store, I was lured into the candy aisle and a bag of fruit slices found its way into my cart. This is not great candy, it's not even good. The main attraction is its gummy, tart, fruit flavored sweetness. So I started to eat them in the car, put them in the trunk when I got home, took them out on the way to Oakton, and ate them again in the car. By the time I got to school, I was so full, almost to the bloated feeling. I did manage to leave them alone on the way back. Today, I dumped them into the trash at Costco. I did eat half the bag yesterday. Now, keeping the end in mind, I have no idea why I ate this junk. Was eating this candy worth it? NO. Will I pay for it by postponing achieving my goal? I think so. So why did I do it? Why did I continue to eat, even after I finished dinner and wasn't hungry? I ask myself, how will I be able to maintain my weight after I get to goal?
On a related subject, I got rid of a lot of clothing that was too big. I have no backup stuff to wear if I gain. I'm spending my money on clothing that fits now. I hope that this is a case of three steps forward, one step back. Isn't that the way that most journeys go? So I will finish with my favorite weight management quote:
"Don't sacrifice what you want the most for what you want for the moment."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home