Sunday, May 14, 2006

It's mothers day!



Today my wonderful husband fixed a mothers day brunch for us. My mother came with my brother and we ejoyed some mimosas, then fruit salad, stuffed salmon with cucumber dill sauce, ham and an Walker brothers apple pancake. This was my husband first attempt to make a baked pancake. Everything was very tasty. We finished off with some chocolate coffee cake and some coffee.
I just finished watching 60 minutes, they had a segment about the Dixie Chicks. I really don't care much for country music, but this segment touched a chord. Their lead singer made a remark a few years ago, just about the time we got involved in Iraq. She said that she was sorry that Pres. Bush was from Texas. For this, she and the group have been pariahs to country music fans. People call into radio stations and ask that the station not to play their new cd again. They are now looking to the crossover--rock and country. I think that I will buy their cd tomorrow. I find it hard to believe that people are so narrow minded--not to even want to listen to music by this group because of one remark that some percieved as unpatriotic. Does being patiotic mean accepting everying that the administration offers up as truth? Does being patriotic mean that nothing is every questioned? I think the cd is called "Not ready to make nice."
I have included a picture of my mother and I on Mothers day. Doesn't my mom look great? She's over 80! I promised you a picture of Alma--she's on the blog at last.

1 Comments:

Blogger OhMyTrill said...

Happy Mother's Day Ma!!

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home