Saturday, November 03, 2007

Back with some sad news

I have been absent from this blog for a while. Since the last blog, some life changing things have happened to me. My WW program is on hold, even though I did go to my meeting last Monday.

I have been under a lot of stress since my Mother passed away on October 26. She was 88 years old and was suffering from colon cancer. She chose not to have any treatment when her cancer was diagnosed in Sept 2005. She was quite a survivor, since she survived breast cancer for ten years with no treatment at all. This was her choice. She didn't talk much about dying, and didn't express many of her feelings. She chose hospice-not a big surprise, but only to avoid going to the hospital or the nursing home. My brother and I were with her when she left this earth--and we knew that she didn't want to leave alone. As for as I know, all her wishes were fulfilled--she died at home, she had no interventions, her children were holding her hands and my Dad's picture was on the bed side table. We had a memorial service for her on Tuesday, Oct 30. It was very nice and well attended and held at our church in Evanston. David played the Faure Elegy, Andy sang and Pete and I spoke. Then we ended it with "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot", one of her favorite songs.

I feel like I have been hit by a truck. Her passing was not a surprise, but I still feel very depressed. I just get tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home