Sunday, November 11, 2007

A Bit Of Finality

My mother's obituary appeared in our local papers on Thursday. That is probably the last time her name will appear in print. She did appear in the paper many times over her life, probably because she was so good looking, and probably because she did interesting things. When I looked through the old clippings, I wondered when she found the time to go to school. I will try to include a link.
We have been spending a lot of time closing out her apartment. Today, we moved the last of the furniture out, all that is left is the storage space and some things to be donated to the Botanic Garden. This is not fun. Every time I leave there, I am so tired. Not because I worked so hard, but because it drains me emotionally . My husband and I have no parents left. We have very little family left at all. This is strange, because both sets of parents had huge extended families which have drifted away, died or whatever. Our son has two first cousins, 3 second cousins and who knows how many cousins he doesn't even know about. I did manage to include the link to my mom's obituary. It follows:
http://www.pioneerlocal.com/wilmette/news/640017,wi-obitchain-110807-sl.article
So, tomorrow is Monday, and I am going to the Botanic Garden for my last required master gardener class. The subject is fall pruning. I am looking forward to it. It will make me go to a later WW meeting. So, will I be able to get back on program this week? Time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home